Adevinta Data Engineers are focused on working at the World Number One classified ads site Data Warehouse implementation for purposes of ingesting data for analytics. A Data Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of data pipelines, data pumps on a range of Big Data technologies. Data models from these pipelines will boost the decision making on daily basis of business groups across the company.
A successful candidate will contribute both the management support and satisfy the hunger for data accross whole Adevinta.
This is what you’ll be working on with us:
- Playing a central role in a forming team to create easy ways of data access and ingest it into the data store in a reliable way.
- Developing, Deploying and Operating dockerized data applications in AWS cloud-based environment.
- Monitor data services (e.g. Redshift) and ensure excellent data quality.
- Understand the business’s data requirements and participate in defining data measurement points and methods.
- Contribute to the development of data pipelines (Spark, Kafka) and designing ETL processes.
- Supporting BI team with proper data.
What is expected of you?
- You have experience in working with data on cloud platform, or you have some experience with Spark, Kafka or other data processing technologies.
- Understand how dockerized applications works and how run them in Kubernetes.
- Active communication in written and spoken English.
- Debugging skills to address issues in data pipelines.
- Strong willingness for continuous learning for new technologies and data.
You have an advantage if:
- Have some experience with Python or Scala.
- You have experience in designing and scaling cloud-based databases.
- You have a certificate of higher education.
- You have experience with Redshift.
- You are familiar with Unix commands and Git.
- You have experience with Travis.
- You have experience with Kafka and/or Spark.
- You have experience with Tealium, or other tag management systems.
What we offer:
- The package includes salary, annual bonus, non-monetary benefits and lots of fringe benefits.
- Other opportunities within our loyalty program: All You Can Move Card, English/Hungarian language training and participation in trainings, conferences and workshops.
- With our Travel Grant program, you can apply to visit one of 15 Adevinta countries for up to several weeks.
- What we always have in the office: fruit, coffee, tea, cola, Play Station, Nintendo Switch, ping-pong, table football, darts, bean-bags.
- Lots of programmes, social responsibility, thematic months, cake days, 3-day team building event, to boost our spirits during the work week.
- Our team is professional, youthful, energetic and diverse, and we are sure you will find your place, as we are interested in many things.
- We do not have overtime, after work focus on yourself and relax.
- You can expect a well-developed training process, and you will receive continuous feedback on your work.
- We are dog friendly, bring your pet, or play with your colleagues’ pets.
- You can join our football team or our fan club or our wine club.