As the front-end engineer in a fun and energetic cross-functional team, you’ll be working on Hasznaltauto – one of our main assets used by thousands of used car sellers and searchers every day. The team works on developing new features and elevating existing ones like ad insertion, ad search, payments and user profiles.
We’re looking for someone with excellent site build and JS skills and a positive, proactive attitude. Ideally you’re interested in trying new things, enjoy diving in and getting your hands dirty in the details, and try your best to find reliable, pragmatic solutions to real user problems.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Improving and developing features in Hasznaltauto’s web app.
- Creating UI components using React.JS, Typescript and PHP Yii 2.0 widgets, JQuery.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Keeping our site fast and performant for users.
- Proactively finding solutions to product problems.
- Implementing designs based on input from the team’s PM and UX.
- Collaborating with other team members in planning and implementation.
- Peer-reviewing your fellow frontend engineers’ code.
What we are looking for:
- Proficient knowledge of web markup (HTML) and styling (CSS & Sass) with hands on site build experience.
- Good understanding of ReactJS knowledge.
- Good understanding of web performance metrics, as well as SEO and accessibility principles.
- Proficient understanding of the git version control system.
- Familiarity with npm package manager.
- Familiarity with testing technologies like Jest, Enzyme and react-testing-library.
- Experience with HTML templating languages is useful but not required.
- Comfortable using the command line and associated Linux tools.
- A team-player attitude, favouring the group over the individual.
- Technical and business level English is a must.
- 2-3 years of experience.
What we offer:
- The package includes salary, annual bonus, non-monetary benefits and lots of fringe benefits.
- Other opportunities within our loyalty program: All You Can Move Card, English/Hungarian language training and participation in training, conferences and workshops.
- With our Travel Grant program, you can apply to visit one of 15 Adevinta countries for up to several weeks.
- What we always have in the office: fruit, coffee, tea, cola, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, ping-pong, table football, darts, bean-bags.
- Lots of programmes, social responsibility, thematic months, cake days, 3-day team building events, to boost our spirits during the work week.
- Our team is professional, youthful, energetic and diverse, and we are sure you will find your place, as we are interested in many things.
- We do not have overtime, after work focus on yourself and relax.
- You can expect a well-developed training process, and you will receive continuous feedback on your work.
- We are dog friendly, bring your pet, or play with your colleagues’ pets.
- You can join our football team or our fan club or our wine club.