As a test engineer at Adevinta Hungary you’ll be working on constantly improving the quality of our products and making the life of thousands and thousands of Jófogás and Használtautó users better every day. Our teams are divided based on products and product domains and as a member of our test guild you are going to be responsible not just for testing features and validate bugfixes but to ensure that we have a proper test framework, lean test processes and how well these processes are implemented in each team.
We are looking for someone who thinks it would be a great opportunity to grab an immature test ecosystem and take it to the next level together with the other test engineers and the rest of the technology department – engineering managers, tech leads, architect, data personnel, even compliance and GDPR.
Ideally you have some experience in test automation and are interested in building a framework and creating processes instead of ‘just” using them and you are not afraid of the unfamiliar and sometimes surprising things, enjoy diving in and getting your hands dirty in the details, and try your best to find the root cause of submitted bugs or other weird phenomena.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Participate (or even drive) the revamping of our current test processes and general test framework.
- Participate in manual and automated testing of the Jófogás and Használtautó sites.
- Being an essential part of the SDLC from the birth of an idea through release and then maintenance.
- Take an active part in test planning, building test suites and creating test cases
- Support sales, marketing, product and technology colleagues in implementing new features, delivering initiatives and eliminating tech debt.
- Provide feedback on documentation completeness.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a software tester position.
- Knowledge of test methods and test related processes including the basics of test automation.
- Experience in producing test plans – as a tester you always have limited time, make the most of it by using a well-defined plan with well-defined test suites.
- You must accept the you have to make your hands dirty – participation in the manual testing is required.
- Experience in agile WoW – you are going to be part of a truly cross-functional team.
- Flexibility, good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid knowledge of the English language.
- Participation in building test processes and framework.
- Experience with test automation tools (we use Saucelabs but any will do the trick).
- Atlassian JIRA/Confluence.
- ISTQB CTFL Certification is a plus.
What we offer:
- The package includes salary, annual bonus, non-monetary benefits and lots of fringe benefits.
- Other opportunities within our loyalty program: All You Can Move Card, English/Hungarian language training and participation in training, conferences and workshops.
- With our Travel Grant program, you can apply to visit one of 15 Adevinta countries for up to several weeks.
- What we always have in the office: fruit, coffee, tea, cola, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, ping-pong, table football, darts, bean-bags.
- Lots of programmes, social responsibility, thematic months, cake days, 3-day team building events, to boost our spirits during the work week.
- Our team is professional, youthful, energetic and diverse, and we are sure you will find your place, as we are interested in many things.
- We do not have overtime, after work focus on yourself and relax.
- You can expect a well-developed training process, and you will receive continuous feedback on your work.
- We are dog friendly, bring your pet, or play with your colleagues’ pets.
- You can join our football team or our fan club or our wine club.